Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Almost Five



I have so much to say about this little girl. She has really bloomed in the last year and I keep finding myself pleasantly surprised with the girl she is turning out to be. Here are just a few of the things that have made me beam in the last few months.

*at her conference, her teacher referred to her as an angel.

*while out shopping for new sandals, she picked a pair that was too expensive. I explained to her that they were more than we could spend on sandals, but I would help her find a pair in our budget. She asked me "how many dollars too much" they were. When I told her, she offered to pay the difference out of her money. How mature. So she got the sandals she wanted and even helped pay for them instead of wasting her money on junk in the dollar section.

*she is really learning how to be flexible when plans change. This is still a struggle, but there has been huge growth in this area in the last six months or so.

*she now eats burritos. This one makes me very happy.

*she asks how to spell words.

*she is very affirming.

Tomorrow is our last day of pre-school and I am so excited to watch my darling daughter graduate. She will be moving on to kinder in a few short months and growing up faster than I could have ever believed possible.

No comments: