We have avoided it long enough. It's time to get these kids swimming. Now that we live in a land locked state it would be easy to overlook this life saving skill, but I love the water, and I want my kids to love it too. Besides, none of our public pools allow flotation devices anymore which scares the snot out of me. I also plan on spending a great deal of time at Reservoirs this summer so I need my kids to have some basic survival skills in place. And let's not forget our desire to get back to the coast of North Carolina to enjoy a very warm ocean with a rental house feet from it and great times with great friends. So yes, we are learning to swim one way or another. This photo shows the girls learning to inch across the pool edge until they find a foothold to climb out. We have three more group lessons and then the girls will be in the pool without parents in a more traditional class setting. I have my fingers crossed that I will have at least one swimmer by the end of summer!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Sink or Swim
We have avoided it long enough. It's time to get these kids swimming. Now that we live in a land locked state it would be easy to overlook this life saving skill, but I love the water, and I want my kids to love it too. Besides, none of our public pools allow flotation devices anymore which scares the snot out of me. I also plan on spending a great deal of time at Reservoirs this summer so I need my kids to have some basic survival skills in place. And let's not forget our desire to get back to the coast of North Carolina to enjoy a very warm ocean with a rental house feet from it and great times with great friends. So yes, we are learning to swim one way or another. This photo shows the girls learning to inch across the pool edge until they find a foothold to climb out. We have three more group lessons and then the girls will be in the pool without parents in a more traditional class setting. I have my fingers crossed that I will have at least one swimmer by the end of summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for A&A. Every kid should know how to swim. I plan on getting Claire lessons this summer too. It's more just to get her used to the water so she's not afraid, but you can never be too early I guess. We can't wait until those girls put their skills to the test her in the NC!
you inspired me to finally get lessons for Matthew this year. Thanks! Hope yours go well!
Post a Comment