Sunday, March 14, 2010

Side Pony Blossom




Aubrey asked for princess hair yesterday. What can a Mom say? So I set to work. I gave her pigtails, braided one pigtail and pulled it across to join the other to make a side pony. I thought I was done, but she assured me that she did not look like a princess yet. So I got out my pins and gave her a blossom by doing four large pin curls. I sprayed it and assured her that it would fall out with any rough play. Sure enough, the trampoline at her cousins house did her hair in, but I salvaged it and she sported the side pony I originally aimed for. I am really enjoying having a girlie girl for my first born. I need to learn to do tighter french braids and inverted french braids, that would really open up our possibilities.

5 comments:

Erin said...

She does indeed look like a princess!

Krystal said...

Will you do my hair someday! :D Super adorable!

Tara said...

Does Aubrey like to do your hair? That is the best thing about having girls. Playing beauty shop!

Rachel said...

Krystal, as long as you are willing to sit vey still and hold chunks of hair for me.

Tara, yes, they love decorating my hair with barrettes. Kids are like big ol' dolls. Tons of fun.

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Inverted french braids are really easy. . . instead of crossing each piece of hair over the top of the other to the center, you pass them underneath. Tight braids are a must with inverted french braids.