Saturday, June 07, 2008
Stunned Speechless
And that is really saying something! Last night we celebrated my BIG day and it was perfect. Mike set up a sitter for us with one of our reliable adult friends, not the 14 year old we usually use. He brought me home 30 tulips. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, P.F. Changs. He let me stop by a party supply store near the restaurant to get one last thing for AJ's party (a dozen jungle animals to be in the cages for her train cake). AND he gave me a very nice gift. First of all, my trip to Central California was supposed to be my gift, but that was only the beginning. At the restaurant he presented me with a certificate good for a night out on the town, dinner and a show in Denver, followed by a hotel stay through breakfast the next morning. I have six months to collect so I better get to it!
When we got home, AJ was waiting at the window for us. If you tell her someone is coming, she waits at the window until they get there, even if it is hours! Anyway, I walked into my house expecting to hear a loud "Mommy's home." But that wasn't what I heard. I heard a BIG "surprise" from 20 plus of our dear friends! I admit there were moments in the last few weeks that I thought it might be possible that Mike was up to something, but he was really good at not giving anything away. I even went as far as to leave the house a little extra messy the last few days to see if he would clean up at all. Nope. It was such a nice night hanging out with friends! As much as I love being the life of a party, I am not so good at being the reason for the party. So if any readers were at the party, my calm reaction at the door was not an indication of me knowing or anything else. I just don't know how to process stuff like that! I kinda pull my head into my shell instead of a grand reaction. Well, I also had two little kiddos who wanted me immediately to contend with.
Anyway, my 30th Birthday was the best yet! I look forward to many more celebrations with my sweet family and friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's one sweet husband you've got there! I'm glad you had such a great celebration for your big 3-0!
Hey thanks for turning 30! We had a great time!
Post a Comment